Amazon Prime Day :
Amazon, the world’s largest online shopping giant has announced it will be holding its annual one-day sales bonanza Amazon Prime Day on July 10, 6 pm onwards. But unlike last two years’ Prime Day events this year it would continue for 30 hours.
Types of Deals on Amazon Prime Day :
Last year there were two completely different types of deals : Deals of the Day and Lightning Deals.
Deals of the Day continues for entire 24 hours on the Prime Day while Lightning Deals are deals which are activated at a particular time, and are limited in stock, lasting until they are sold out.
Amazon Prime subscribers avail a host of benefits for an annual fee of around $80 per year(equivalent of £7.58 per month). However until July 3 Amazon is offering a $20 discount on new Amazon Prime memberships.
Benefits of Amazon Prime include:
- Unlimited one day delivery on millions of products.
- Through Amazon Prime Video, access to thousands of movies and TV shows.
- Ad-free streaming of more than two million songs on Prime Music.
- World’s largest online collection of books, magazines and comics with Prime Reading.
- Memberships to online video game streaming site Twitch and exclusive discounts.
- Unlimited photo storage
Availing early bird access to limited time Lightning Deals.
When is Amazon Prime Day ?
Amazon Prime Day of 2017 will be held on July 11. However this year, Amazon Prime Day this year will start at 6 pm, July 10, Monday. Six hours longer than of previous two years’.
Amazon Prime Day was first held on July 15, 2015 on the 20th anniversary of founding of Amazon. Last year it was held on July 12, 2016.
Amazon saw its sale grow by as much as 60 percent globally and by 50 percent in the US compared to the sale of 2015 on the Prime Day.